The SDEA\NEA Student Program will address the needs of today's diverse student population in order to facilitate student achievement by preparing pre-professional educators with ideals of professional ethics and standards.
The Student Program strives to:
- Promote community partnerships
- Foster leadership through pre-professional opportunities and peer mentoring
- Promote membership among diverse populations
- Provide networking opportunities
- Supplement formal teacher-education training
- Promote the national accreditation of teacher-education training
- Recruit and retain pre-professional members
- Maintain a presence at all NEA conference
The NEA Student Program is Essential. Nearly 2 million teachers across the country retired last year. We must take aggressive steps to replace these educators and ensure a quality teacher in every classroom. NEA supports teachers who are well qualified and prepared for their careers.
Contact the SDEA\NEA Student President, Mackenzie Gough, for more information on how join or to get involved with your campus chapter.