All students deserve an education that inspires them, encourages their curiosity, and prepares them for success.
All educators deserve the support, resources, and time to do their jobs well, and the security to retire with dignity.
Through the South Dakota Education Association’s advocacy at the Capitol, we work to create public pre-K-12 schools, colleges, and universities that are worthy of South Dakotans, and to build a more fair, just, and equitable nation for everyone.
SDEA's Lobby Team:
- Lobbies for state legislation that supports public education, educators, and socially just policies, and against legislation that weakens public education and social justice
- Advances the SDEA Legislative Agenda, our member-driven, member-endorsed agenda for focuses on the needs of students and ensuring that schools have what they need to support students.
- Strengthens relationships with key members of the legislature on both sides of the aisle
- Prepares SDEA leaders and activists to engage with and lobby members of the legislature
- Provides updates on our advocacy and invites SDEA members to engage with the Legislature through our weekly emails, Lobby Line
- Works with like-minded organizations and coalitions that share our commitment to strong public schools and resilient public services