The Council for Higher Education (COHE) is the recognized bargaining agent for all full-time and regular part-time instructional-research faculty who are not supervisors in colleges and universities in the state of South Dakota, the Agricultural Experiment Station, Cooperative Extension Service, Auxiliary Services, the South Dakota School for the Blind and Visually Impaired and the South Dakota School for the Deaf. We have proudly defended faculty rights for more than three decades.
COHE exists to continually improve the quality and integrity of higher education through vigorous advocacy on behalf of the bargaining unit. COHE believes that educational quality and integrity can only be assured by faculty who are allowed to practice their chosen field(s) in a work environment that protects academic freedom, clearly defines faculty rights and responsibilities, and provides competitive compensation.
Benefits of membership include:
- Communication about higher education issues in South Dakota
- Professional liability insurance
- Assistance with disciplinary procedures and grievance issues
- Legal representation
- Social/collegial activities
- Substantial discounts on home & auto insurance (for some members, these savings total more than their dues)
- A printed, bound copy of the contract
To learn more about COHE visit sdcohe.org