What is Sparks?
- A workshop designed to give newer (six or fewer years experience) members a positive connection with the association.
- A chance to spark new interest in the association.
- Activities geared toward demographic. They develop own curriculum every time.
- They learn from one another through hands-on projects.
Why does it work?
- Bonding time
- Safe environment to discuss frightening issues
- Connecting with veterans but not at their own school
- Building community
- Mix of early career educators from around the state
- Relevance of association within their own context
- Personal one-on-one connection
Learn about a variety of issues:
- School violence (not just the gun stuff, the special ed/inclusion stuff)
- Parent involvement – the good, the bad and the ugly
- Stress and time management
- Classroom discipline
- Diversity training
- Conflict management (mostly adult to adult)
- How can association help in specific situations (conflict, special ed issues, etc.)
Contact: Kara Hoines @ 605-222-2689