By Katie Ortiz, Retired Teacher from Iowa
There are a few classroom management basics that work regardless of grade level (with a little tweaking in the presentation due to different developmental levels). Start here, then explore the details at our http://bddy.me/2fpUubl link.
1. Teach people first, subject second.
2. Praise work and effort, not ability or intelligence.
3. Prepare well.
4. Show enthusiasm for learning.
5. Use mobility, proximity, and facial expressions.
6. Know your triggers and disengage emotionally when your buttons are pushed.
7. Be what you want students to be. Teach behavior by modeling.